Wheelchair bound pensioner rescued from blaze at county Derry bungalow

Fire Service
Fire Service
0
Have your say

A wheelchair bound woman had to be rescued by firefighters on Saturday [Jan 23] after a fire started in the kitchen of her Claudy Bungalow.

The 73-year-old was then rushed to hospital where she was treated for smoke and mild inhalation.

It is understood the cause of the fire at the De Glin Park property was accidental and that the resident became aware of it when a smoke alarm sounded.

Crew from Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service, Crescent Link were called to the scene just after 11am, where they used a hosereel jet and breathing apparatus to deal with it.