Prosecutors in the case of a Moy man accused of attempting to snatch a young child from outside their home in the Coagh area almost six months ago, have been given until November 26 to show why the charges against the defendant should not be dismissed.
Ricardas Janusatis, faces one count each of attempted child abduction and common assault in relation to an incident which is alleged to have taken place on May 28 this year.
The 56 year-old, from Churchview, Charlemont, is still on bail.
At a previous court hearing, a lawyer for the accused claimed he had been in the area as he was trying to find a mechanic’s business because he was having car trouble.
Janusatis’ employers accompanied him in court and offered a substantial surety to secure his bail.
At Dungannon Magistrates Court on Wednesday, Janusatis’ lawyer said he was “baffled” as to why the case has taken so long and asked the court to consider dismissing the charges. Prosecutors said a meeting had taken place with the injured party on Tuesday.