Carbon monoxide dangers highlighted to schools

0
Have your say

LOCAL schoolchildren learnt about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning when they watched a play staged by the Spanner in the Works theatre company at St Joseph’s College in Coalisland and the Integrated College recently.

The play, called Toxic, was hosted and organised by Dungannon Neighbourhood Policing Team in association with the Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland and Gis a Hug Foundation.

“The drama lasts 20 minutes, and is short and humorous, but with a very important underlying safety message. At the end of the performance there is a 10 minute video of the two mothers of the boys who died in Castlerock which is poignant and moving,” explained Constable Susan Wright.

The play has already been staged at Drumglass High School and Aughnacloy College in January.