‘Clothing left on cooker’ causes blaze at Kilrea home

Fire & Rescue
Fire & Rescue
0
Have your say

An item of clothing that was left on a cooker caused a fire at a terraced house between Kilrea and Portglenone in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze by a neighbour at 2.11am on March.

It is understood they heard smoke alarms going off in the Lislea Terrace house.

A statement from NIFRS said: “NIFRS responded to a report of a fire at a terraced house at Lislea Terrace in Portglenone, Kilrea.

“The small fire involving item of clothing left on cooker was out on arrival of FRS.

“Sounding smoke alarm alerted neighbour to the fire. Fire crew from Kilrea station attended the incident.”