Community allotment shed gutted in Castledawson blaze

The roof of the shed collapsed in the blaze

The roof of the shed collapsed in the blaze

0
Have your say

A shed has been badly damaged in a lunchtime fire at Castledawson.

A shed has been gutted in a lunchtime fire at the community allotments in Castledawson.
No one was reported injured in the incident on the Park View housing estate.
Police had the site cordoned off and are investigating.
Flames were reported gushing out of the prefabricated building for some time until firefighters brought the blaze under control. No damage was caused to property outside the allotments.
One resident told the Mail that the shed was being used to make Christmas wreaths.
The allotments were a joint venture between the former Lower Castledawson Community Association and the Council, which is understood to have taken over the running of the site.

The door of the shed buckled under the heat of the fire

The door of the shed buckled under the heat of the fire