Man and woman in 50s suffer ‘smoke inhalation’ in Castledawson house fire

NI Fire and Rescue Service

NI Fire and Rescue Service

1
Have your say

A man and a woman in their 50s had to be treated for ‘smoke inhalation’ at the scene of a house fire at Davison Villas in Castledawson.

The blaze was reported to Northern Ireland Fire & rescue Service just before 6pm on Monday.

A statement from NIFRS said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to put out the fire in the living room.

“Crews used Microvent to administer oxygen therapy to a man and a woman – both in their mid-50s – for mild smoke inhalation at the scene.

“The cause of the fire appeared accidental. Fire crews from Magherafelt station attended the incident.”