Fire breaks out at furniture restoration unit at Pomeroy’s Rowan Tree Centre

There was a fire on Sunday afternoon at the Rowan Tree Centre, Pomeroy

There was a fire on Sunday afternoon at the Rowan Tree Centre, Pomeroy

0
Have your say

Two fire crews were called out to deal with a fire at a furniture restoration unit at the Rowan Tree Centre in Pomeroy on Sunday afternoon.

It is understood the quick action of a passerby may have saved the furniture at Shabby Chic’s industrial unit, as firefighters were able to deal with the incident very quickly after their 3.30pm call-out.

The building affected by the fire suffered mainly smoke damage and the business owners have since been able to relocate to another unit on site.

A NIFRS incident report said: “Appliances from Pomeroy and Cookstown attended to deal with a fire in an industrial unit at The Rowan tree Centre on the Tandragee Road, Pomeroy on Sunday afternoon.

“A hose reel jet and a covering jet were deployed to deal with the blaze.”