Fire crews attend suspected ‘carbon monoxide’ incident in Cookstown

Fire crews at the scene of the carbon monoxide incident at Burnbrae Crescent, Cookstown. Picture by Sandra Vaisnoraite.
Fire crews at the scene of the carbon monoxide incident at Burnbrae Crescent, Cookstown. Picture by Sandra Vaisnoraite.

THREE fire appliances are currently in attendance at a property Cookstown in relation to a suspected carbon monoxide incident.

The house in the Burnbrae Crescent area of the town has been evacutated and fire crews are currently preparing to go inside the property with gas detection equipment.

One of the fire crew at the scene told the MAIL, it was a precautionary measure to just make sure the property was safe.

He said the carbon monoxide alarm inside the property went off this morning and the homeowner raised the alarm with the fire brigade.

It is believed there was one adult and two children in the property at the time but no injuries are believed to have been sustained.