A Moy man accused of trying to snatch a little girl from her home near Coagh, today [Nov 26] had the “attempted child abduction” charge against him dropped at Dungannon Magistrates Court.
Ricardas Janusatis, from Churchview, Charlemont in the village, was facing two charges in relation to an incident which is alleged to have occurred on May 28 this year.
A “common assault” charge in relation to the same child, still stands against the 56-year-old.
But Janusatis is due to contest this at court on December 10.
At a previous court hearing, a lawyer for the accused claimed he had been in the area as he was trying to find a mechanic’s business because he was having car trouble.
Janusatis’ employers accompanied him in court and offered a substantial surety to secure his bail.
At Dungannon Magistrates Court on November 12, Janusatis’ lawyer said he was “baffled” as to why the case had taken so long and asked the court to consider dismissing the charges.
Prosecutors said a meeting had taken place with the injured party the previous day.