Manhole covers stolen
POLICE in Dungannon are appealing for information about the theft of three cast iron manhole covers.
The covers were stolen from the Brick Row area of Moy.
The theft was reported to police on Tuesday night, 22 January.
A police spokesman said: “The theft of manhole covers or gulley covers is a particularly despicable crime as it can create a danger for unsuspecting road users.”
Police are also asking scrap metal dealers to be vigilant.
“There are few instances in which manhole covers can, legitimately, be offered to scrap dealers. Any approaches of this nature should be treated with caution and reported to police.”
The number to call is 0845 600 8000, quoting reference number 899 22/01/13.
Information can also be given to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Ulster Unionists view Dale Farm investment
- One speeding ticket issued
- Overend encourages Mid Ulster to think about options at Open University
- Charlie’s birthday brunch in aid of children’s cancer unit
- Glasgowbury Announce ‘Small But Massive’ Line-Up - The Answer, The Japanese Popstars and ASIWYFA among first acts unveiled as Glasgowbury turns a teenager!
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Belfast
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South east