Ticketmaster have today announced how some 400,000 Garth Brooks fans can begin to process their refund for the five cancelled Croke Park concerts.
In a statement, Ticketmaster said: “Ticketmaster has put the following cancellation plan in place. It’s intention is to make this refund process as simple and convenient as possible for ticket purchasers.”
Please note the following FAQ’s.
1. Question - I bought my tickets over the phone, online or on my mobile. How will I get a refund?
Answer - No action is required on your part. On 15th July a full refund including service charge will automatically be debited to the card used to make the purchase. Please allow 7-10 working days for the refund to reach your account.
2. Question - I bought my tickets at a Ticketmaster ticket centre. How will I get my refund?
Answer - Customers are required to complete a refund form and either post this to Ticketmaster or hand the completed refund form to a Ticketmaster Ticket Centre. In both cases, customers will need to return the form WITH your GARTH BROOKS tickets. Please make a note of the show date and your seat details and retain the left hand portion of the refund form for your records.
3. Question - I want to get my refund by returning the form and tickets by post. What should I do?
Answer - A refund form is available by clicking here. Please print, complete and return this form along WITH your GARTH BROOKS TICKETS to PO Box 4695, Dublin 2. Please make a note of the show date and your seat details and retain the left hand portion of the refund form for your records. A full refund including service charges will be processed by bank transfer within 21 days of receiving the form and tickets.
4. Question - I want to get my refund by returning the form and tickets to a ticket centre. What should I do?
Answer - From July 15th you may return your tickets to the ticket centre where you purchased them from and complete the refund form which will be available at the ticket centre from this date. The completed form together with your GARTH BROOKS TICKETS should be handed in at the ticket centre. Please make a note of the show date and your seat details and retain the left hand portion of the refund form for your records. A refund by bank transfer will be processed within 21 days of receiving the form and tickets.
5. Question - The following outlets are no longer ticket centres (News & Deli Dundalk /Fassaugh Stores Cabra /Whites Wexford /the Irish Shop Ennis, Cusack Park, Ennis). What should I do to obtain a refund?
Answer - Refunds for tickets purchased at these ticket centres are available from any existing Ticketmaster ticket centre using the same refund process or alternatively you can print, complete and return the refund form together with the Garth Brooks tickets as outlined in Question 3 above.
6. Question - Will I get a full refund including my service charge?
Answer - A full refund including service charge will be issued to all ticket purchasers.
7. Question - I paid by Laser Card. Will the refund go back into my account?
Answer - Laser Card was decommissioned on 28th February 2014. Ticketmaster will contact customer who purchased tickets by phone, online or a mobile and paid by Laser Card to obtain updated payment details.
8. Question - I used a gift card to purchase my tickets or as part payment when purchasing my tickets. How will I obtain my refund?
Answer - A new gift card will be issued to you for the amount that you redeemed when purchasing Garth Brooks tickets. The Gift Card will be dispatched by post to the billing address provided when purchasing.
9. Question - I purchased tickets from unauthorised ticketing sellers. How can I get a refund?
Answer - Individuals who purchased tickets from unauthorised ticket sellers will need to contact that ticket seller to obtain a refund.
10. Question - Where can I find the Garth Brooks Outlet Sale Refund Request Form?
Answer - The form is available to download via Ticketmaster.ie. You will need Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or higher (FREE) to view and print this form.