Smoke alarm saves 67-year-old man in Carrickmore house fire

NIFRS vehicle
NIFRS vehicle
0
Have your say

A 67-year-old man was saved from a house fire after a smoke alarm at the Carrickmore property went off and firefighters were called to the scene.

It is understood the blaze, which took hold of the living room is the Termon Crescent home last Monday, was accidental.

The man was treated for mild smoke inhalation at the scene with a Microvent, before being taken to hospital by paramedics.

A spokesperson for Fire Service said: “Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service received a call at 9.35pm to a report of a fire at residential premises at the Termon Crescent, Carrickmore area of Pomeroy on Monday 13 June.

“Two fire appliances from Cookstown Fire Station were deployed to the scene of a fire in the living room of a semi-detached house. Firefighters using breathing apparatus and thermal imaging cameras dealt with the fire.

“One man in his 60s was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to a nearby hospital.

“NIFRS finished at the scene at 10.57pm and the fire is being treated as accidental.”