Unattended saucepan causes 4am fire emergency at Bellaghy home

Saucepan on fire

Saucepan on fire

0
Have your say

An unattended saucepan caused a 4am emergency after smoke filled a home in the Chapel View area of Bellaghy on Sunday morning.

Alerted to the incident by smoke alarms going off at the detached home, neighbours are understood to have called for Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service at 4.05am on October 4.

It is unclear whether there was anyone in the house at the time.

“An unattended saucepan had overheated and caused the house to fill with smoke,” said a NIFRS incident report.

“Appliances from Maghera and Magherafelt were mobilised to the incident.”