After torrential rain earlier in the weekend much improved weather conditions on Sunday afternoon saw record numbers compete at Termoneeny in both the 10K and 5K runs.
New course records were also set in both male open and female open categories. Results for all 10K categories and for the 5K run are as follows:-
1. Jarleth Falls (Ballymena & Antrim) 33:36
2. Desi Foley (Unattached) 34:48
3. Aidan Hagan (Acorns AC) 36:48
1. Matt Wray (Ballymena & Antrim) 35:50
2. Jonathan Dempsey (Acorns AC) 37:37
1. Bryan Edgar (Springwell Running Club) 37:00
2. John Hughes (Termoneeny Running Club) 40:21
1. Heather Foley (Unattached) 38:30
2. Patrica O’Hagan (St. Peters, Lurgan) 39:09
1. Lorna Sibbet (Ballymena Runners) 43:33
2. Una Coll (Unattached) 43:55
1. Dolores Mulholland (Unattached) 50:27
2. Brigid Quinn (Ballymena Runners) 51:20
1. Thomas Doherty 39:53
2. John Hughes 40:21
3. Paddy Mc Cormick 41:05
1. Helena Quinn 44:45
2. Clodagh Casey 54:32
3. Charlotte Bajeux 56:02
1. James Mc Gurk 23:56
2. Jamie Duggan 24:59
3. Jarleth Young 26:08
1. Saoirse Mc Peake 28:40
2. Rhonda Donegan 28:46
3. Catherine Mulholland 28:50
The organising committee wish to extend their sincere thanks to all those who provided sponsorship towards this event. The sponsors include Source Oil Ltd, Boyle’s Costcutter Gulladuff, Crawfords Maghera, Susan Duggan, Bannvale Credit Union, FP McCann Ltd, NCCE Swatragh, T Mackle Toome, Bellaghy Pharmacy, Wild Duck Portglenone, S McPeake and Sons, Clady Timber, Downeys Bars, T Birt Tractor Sales Portglenone, Dunnes Stores Magherafelt, Sportsworld Magherafelt, Tesco Magherafelt, Ross’s Joint Ballyclare, Cloverhill Fuels Ltd, Heaney’s Costcutter Maghera, Toner’s Supermarket Maghera, McAtamney’s Butchers Maghera, McKees Butchers, Kelly’s Eurospar Maghera, P and N Meats, Grahams Bellaghy, Muldoons Bellaghy, Alistair’s Bakery Castledawson & Moneymore, Sperrin Bakery, Genesis Bakery, Lidl Magherafelt, Kelly’s Castledawson, John O’Connell, Rock Farm Produce and Country Cuisine Bellaghy.
Four Termoneeny runners took part in the Belfast City marathon last week and all were very successful in what were very challenging conditions. First was John Hughes with a time of 2h 58 min and John took 33rd place overall. Second was James McNally with a time of 4h 3 min. Third was Christian Fortes O’Neill in a time of 4 h 31 min. Fourth was Sam Campbell who was competing in his first marathon with a time of 4 h 36 min.
Now that the Termoneeny 10K and 5K is over members are now training for the popular Maghera 10K on Tuesday 20th May. A number of members are also training for the Maiden City Marathon on Sunday 1st June.