Motorsport history made by Ferguson
Steven Ferguson made motorsport history on Saturday night when he was awarded the 2012 ANICC NI Motorsport Personality of the year award for the second time at a presentation dinner in Armagh City Hotel.
The event was attended by over 300 competitors and Club officials. Steven had received the award in 2011 and became the first person to receive it in two consecutive years.
This is the most prestigious award in NI motorsport and the recipient is decided by a confidential vote of clubs, officials and media, with 75 votes cast in total.
The list of nominations included F1 commentator and former Technical Director of the Jordan F1 team, Gary Anderson.
The Stewartstown driver was nominated following his record breaking success in Autotesting when he won the Treble of major championships in 2011, (the NI, ROI and British) and repeated the success in 2012.
In addition he won the 2012 BTRDA Championship and was a member of the teams which won all three International Autotest events in 2012.
- Ulster Unionists view Dale Farm investment
- One speeding ticket issued
- Overend encourages Mid Ulster to think about options at Open University
- Charlie’s birthday brunch in aid of children’s cancer unit
- Glasgowbury Announce ‘Small But Massive’ Line-Up - The Answer, The Japanese Popstars and ASIWYFA among first acts unveiled as Glasgowbury turns a teenager!
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Belfast
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South east