The UK’s best loved sociable pizzeria, is celebrating the 50th birthday of its iconic Dough Ball in true PizzaExpress style – with a willy-wonka-style competition with a twist – the golden tickets are GOLDEN DOUGH BALLS… Fifty of them to be precise and each is worth £1,000. So, have you got the balls?
Not only will the FIFTY lucky finders scoop serious bragging rights on social media, though thanks to PizzaExpress they’ll be awarded the ULTIMATE gift card allowing them to enjoy £1,000 of pizza and ‘Good times. Together’ with friends and family courtesy of the UK’s original pizza-maker.
The giant nationwide treasure hunt will run for the ENTIRE MONTH of September and see special Golden Dough Balls hidden in TOP SECRET locations across the UK including London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool, Belfast and Cardiff.
As if that’s not enough to get excited about PizzaExpress is offering BOTTOMLESS DOUGH BALLS when you order a bottle of Prosecco at any of its pizzerias from Monday, 2 – Sunday, 29 September. This is not a drill.
What’s more, Deliveroo will be sneaking some of the prized possessions into PizzaExpress orders, so there’s never been a better excuse to enjoy a slice of Sloppy Giuseppe with the fam in the comfort of your own home – along with Dough Balls Doppio on the side obvs!
Zoe Bowley, Managing Director at PizzaExpress said:
“In 1969 our passionate pizzaiolos accidentally invented an icon and half a century later our delicious Dough Balls are still on a roll! To celebrate this epic milestone, we’re unleashing a month of spherical shenanigans this September. Join us for free, unlimited Dough Balls with every bottle of Prosecco in our pizzerias nationwide this month; join the hunt for our Golden Dough Balls and don’t forget to keep an eye out for those shimmering beauties in your Deliveroo orders”.
A ‘DOUGH-SE’ OF DOUGH BALL HISTORY:
- Dough Balls were first created by pizzaiolos as the perfect bite-size snack using the off-cuts of fresh dough
- Peckish pizzaiolos enjoyed ‘Dough Balls’ along with the moreish PizzaExpress garlic butter Brits have come to know and love
- The Dough Balls proved so popular amongst pizzaiolos, they were officially added to the PizzaExpress menu in 1989
- Not content with only being able to eat the yummy starter in pizzerias only, PizzaExpress superfans wanted to enjoy cooking Dough Balls at home
- A decade later in 1999 the Dough Balls hit the supermarket shelves
- Dough Balls are now one of the most requested items on the pizzeria’s menu and the most popular starter
Follow the hunt using the hashtag #HBDB, if you’re lucky enough to win, follow the instructions on how to claim within the ball…
We’d love to see your winning balls @pizzaexpress or visit pizzaexpress.com/HBDB for more information.