A boy accused of raping a 16-year-old girl at an eleventh night bonfire in Magherafelt has been granted bail.
The 15-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, was released on his own recognizance of £50 to reside at a secure unit in Co Down until his next court appearance.
A lawyer representing the boy told Magherafelt Magistrates Court that he has been in custody over the summer and he would be residing outside Magherafelt where the alleged incident occurred in the early hours of July 12.
The court heard that there was no objection to bail from the police or Prosecution Service.
The boy, who claims he had consensual sex, had previously been refused bail as the proposed bail address was too close to the injured party’s home.
A lawyer representing the boy told Magherafelt Magistrates Court that he has been in custody over the summer