Fire at Magherafelt chippy was 'accidental'

The interior of Mrs B's chippy was badly damaged in the blaze.
The interior of Mrs B's chippy was badly damaged in the blaze.

The Fire and Rescue Service say yesterday's fire at a chippy in Magherafelt was accidental.

They said four fire appliances from Magherafelt, Cookstown, Maghera and Ballymena attended the incident.

A spokesperson said: "The premises was well alight when Firefighters arrived.

"Firefighters used three jets, a thermal image camera and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.

"The fire was under control by 10.21am. The cause has been determined as accidental."