Fire forces evacuation of flats in Co Derry

Fire brigade
Fire brigade

A fire in a first floor flat in Co Derry forced the evacuation of three other flats in the building early on Saturday morning.

The NI Fire and Rescue service said the fire happened at the building on Rathbrady Road in Limavady.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet, a covering jet and a thermal imaging camera to deal with the incident.

“A female resident was treated with oxygen by firefighters... after being checked over by ambulance personnel she did not require hospital treatment.

“The blaze appeared to have been caused by smoking materials.”