Firefighters tackle blaze at Cookstown chip shop

Four fire appliances dealt with a fire in a ground floor chip shop in Cookstown town centre at the weekend.

Monday, 1st March 2021, 12:56 pm
Updated Monday, 1st March 2021, 1:04 pm

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used 2 hose reel jets, 1 foam jet, 1 covering jet and a 9m ladder to extinguish the fire at William Street.

The alert was raised at approximately 8.22pm on Saturday.

A NIFR spokesperson said: "The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental ignition and the incident was dealt with by 10.58pm."

Four appliances tackled blaze in Cookstown chip shop.

Appliances from the local station were joined by two from Dungannon station in tackling the fire.

---Thank you for reading this article. We're more reliant on your support than ever as the shift in consumer habits brought about by Coronavirus impacts our advertisers.

Please consider purchasing a copy of the paper. You can also support trusted, fact-checked journalism by taking out a digital subscription of the News Letter.