A week in the life of... faith healer Danny Gallagher

MIRACLE healer Danny Gallagher from Maghera shares his busy working week with MAIL readers.

Danny is the ‘seventh son of a seventh son’ and according to ancient Celtic lore, the seventh son possesses the power to heal people by simply touching them.

When he was eight years old, Danny said, he had a vivid dream communicating his strange power over illness. But for many years he did not put his healing powers to use until leaving school.


I get up between 7am and 730am, have breakfast, then check and reply to my email. This can take an hour or two depending on what people’s requests are. Some enquire if I am returning to hold clinics abroad so that they can visit me in their own country, while others request me to visit hospitals, some of whom are seeking absent healing.

At 11am it’s time to get ready to head off to my healing centres across the country. I then drive to Letterkenny to Clanree Hotel, arriving around 1pm depending on traffic. I set up signs in the hotel to direct people to the room I am in.

I start to see people one at a time from 2pm right up to 8:30pm sometimes with no breaks in between. At 8pm or 8 30pm it’s time to take down my signs and have a meal if I am not overly tired. I then have a quick look at the daily newspaper before I relax back and watch the 10pm news on television. Then I go to bed when my day is over.


Still in Letterkenny I get up at around 7am and go down for breakfast, hoping no one will come over to my table and start telling me their problems before I have time to butter my toast!

If I am lucky no one bothers me and my toast and tea are still warm. I then pay the hotel and return to my room and make a phone call home to enquire from my wife Nora how many more requests for appointments she has received.

I set off for Galway to another hotel around 10am. Again this takes up to three or four hours depending on roadworks and traffic, arriving in Galway around 1pm or 2pm. I start all over again put up signs all through out hotel so people visiting me will have no problem finding me. I then have a quick snack before seeing people all over again up to maybe 9:30pm. Due to the many people in Galway city, I stay two days. I order something to eat by room service and I take down my signs at 10pm. Another day over - I am now exhausted! I could sleep on a chair without getting into bed at 10pm. I watch the news on television. I then climb into bed and forget about sleeping on the chair.


I get up again around 7am and have a shower. I am still in Galway so I go down for breakfast hoping to find a quiet table where nobody will see me.

Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I have breakfast, then read the morning paper which I pick up on display in the hotel. I return to my room put up again my signs all over hotel to people know where they can visit me.

At 1pm I have another quick snack and back to healing. People are now waiting in rows of chairs to visit me. I greet each one and then start to see each person privately. At 9pm I am finished, having had quick cups of tea in between appointments, depending on people’s problems and how long I need to spend with each person. By 10pm I am again watching the news. This keeps me up to date on what is happening on the outside world as I am dealing with people’s personal health problems. Another day over, I go back to bed.


I get up around 7am and after breakfast I leave Galway for Templemore in Co Tipperary where the Garda do their training.

I arrive at my hotel and start all over again as I did in Letterkenny and Galway. Without going into full detail again by the evening, I am getting very tired and looking forward to finishing the healing sessions.

This can be very stressful for myself - travelling, taking phone calls and listening to everyone’s problems, some very disturbing such as boys and girls who have been abused by a family member or close relative from a very young age. The suffering they came through, can for me, be very disturbing.

I am sometimes full of anger but can’t show it. I cannot give those abused girls and boys back their childhood, but I do try to make their future better as I do for everyone who visits me reguardless of what illness or problem they have. Thank God I am successful in many cases, but due to the disturbing history of those who are suffering (silent abused victims) I feel drained of energy but I am happy they are speaking out and seeking help. Another day is closing in and I look forward to returning home.


Up at 7am, I have breakfast and drive to Cavan. I have another temporary centre there. I see a few people before returning to my home in Maghera. I phone my wife Nora to let her know what time to expect me home. I arrive home around 5pm or 6pm to be met by Nora and the dogs.

Dinner is waiting on the table, sometimes the first dinner I get since leaving home on the Monday. I take off my suit and get into my jeans, have dinner, read the Mid-Ulster Mail, then cut the grass, and I become just ‘Danny Gallagher’ for the next two days if I am lucky.


I hope to be as free as a bird - I rest, wash and hoover my car, then have a lazy day reading and walking the dogs, or going out on my bicycle.


It’s 9am Mass, then I read the Sunday papers and rest for the long week ahead again.