Football: Creighton goal seals draw for Coagh Reserves against Dollingstown

Coagh travelled to Planters Park, Lurgan on Saturday for what turned out to be an entertaining game.

Thursday, 19th March 2015, 9:05 pm
Coagh's Sean Henegan takes control of the ball during Saturday's league clash with Portstewart at Hagan Park.INMM1115-397

Dollingstown started the better, and took the lead in the nineth minute after a needless challenge in the box led to the referee awarding Dollingstown a penalty. The home captain converted past Longhurst.

Coagh eventually settled into the game and created a few chances with James Ferguson coming close on 34 minutes.

Coagh began to edge it as they pushed for the equaliser with most of the game being battled out in midfield.

Coagh continued the half as they ended the first, with Ferguson, McCammon and Watson impressing and the back four looking solid.

Good work on the right by Gates and Creighton saw the ball squared for Ferguson but his effort went the wrong side of the post. Reece McWhirter came on to make his debut on 67 minutes replacing Holmes as Coagh changed their shape.

Ten minutes later McWhirter tried his luck from 25 yards and Creighton and Watson followed up with efforts.

The home side made changes in the hope of seeing the game out but any hopes of a win were dashed on 79 minutes.

After forcing two corners, Coagh’s Creighton headed the ball in at the near post for 1-1.

The game continued to be well contested right till the end, with former Coagh player Andy Hamilton sent off for the home side with four minutes to go.

Coagh will be confident on this performance with Chris Leacock’s looking to add to his squad for this Saturday semi-final against Dollingstown, Coagh Sports Centre, at 2pm.

Coagh FC Reserves; Jordan Longhurst, Gareth Ramsey, Stephen Ramsey, Ricky Ferson, Alex Lees, Simon Gates, Kyle McCammon, James Ferguson, Andrew Creighton, Willy Watson, Jamie Holmes, Reece McWhirter, Andrew Mitchell, Ryan Stinson, Lee Watterson.