Killymoon troubles at Portstewart

Killymoon Rangers woes continued on Saturday, going down 7-3 away to Portstewart.

Rangers got off to a bad start conceding a penalty on 4 minutes, John McGuigan fouling his man in the box, Captain James Peden scoring from the spot.

Killymoon then had appeals for a penalty, when McGuigan appeared to be fouled in the box, referee Stephen Wallace waving play on. Killymoon settled down, and created a few chances of their own.

Gerard Moore over hit a free kick, and Johnny Youngs cross into the box missed everyone. Mark Loughran had a shot over the bar, and Roma was fouled.

The free kick was cleared for a corner, Killymoon took a short corner, and Barrie Kelly’s cross into the box, was met by Killymoon captain Stephen Purvis who scored with a shot from 10 yards to make it 1-1

0n 15 minutes. Barrie Kelly had a shot saved from 35 yards by the keeper. Portstewart broke and Johnny Young managed to clear the danger for a corner, which was cleared as well, the follow up shot going wide.

Barrie Kelly ran at the Portstewart defence, before shooting, the shot was on target, and again saved by the Madison in the Portstewart goal.

Michael Brown made a good save to deny Owen Murray, and minutes later Murray got on the end of a long ball to give Portstewart the lead, on 32 minutes, colliding with Brown in the process. On 39 minutes Portstewart made it 3-1, Ian Todd scoring from close range, following a left wing cross. Killymoon had a half chance, before Owen Murray and Michael Brown collided again, this time Murray received a yellow card. Portstewart had a corner over, and John McGuigan had a header wide, from a Killymoon corner.

Portstewart continued to attack Killymoon at the start of the second half, Browner called into action, to make a save in the first few minutes. Killymoon had a free kick 25 yards out, Gerard Moore’s shot was on target, and Madison made the save.

On 52 minutes Gerard Moore headed a Barrie Kelly cross over, under pressure from the home defender. Roma was fouled on the edge of the box, and the defender got a yellow card, for his actions. Barrie Kelly scored with a direct free kick to make it 3-2 on 54 minutes.

Killymoon went in search of an equalizer, Garard Moore had a header saved on the line from a Marc Harkness cross. Johnny Young’s free kick was cleared, and Stephen Mc Elhatton’s follow up shot went wide.

On 65 minutes Portstewart made it 4-2, Killymoon gave the ball away in midfield, and Ian Todd went on a run before scoring, Killymoon were on the back foot, and Portstewart increased their lead on 72 minutes, when James Peden scored with a deflected shot, following a short corner. Killymoon regrouped and came back at Portstewart, Barrie Kelly hit the bar with a shot, and Killymoon pulled a goal back, with 10 minutes to go. John Mc Guigan scoring with a close range header, from a Gerard Moore right wing cross.

Barrie Kelly had a free kick saved on the line, and Mark Loughran, had a shot blocked by the home defence. In the 88 minute, M Brown conceded a penalty, and James Peden converted for his hat trick. Ian Todd completed his hat trick in the 93 minute, to leave the final score 7-3.

Killymoon Rangers: M Brown D Campbell, J Young, S Purvis, S Mc Ilhatton, G Moore, B Kelly, M Harkness, R Fumard, M Loughran, J Mc Guigan, subs; D Millar, D Shannon, R Geary.