Moyola lose out to Knockbreda

Share this article

MOYOLA got back to action on Saturday when they welcomed Knockbreda to the Mill Meadow on Saturday. The game been in doubt due to an earlier security alert at the complex, however, it was declared safe and the game went ahead.

The first 15 minutes of the game had very few chances with Knockbreda shot over in the 17th minute and in the 26th minute Johnston for the home side saw his free kick cleared for a corner. Ten minutes later a cross from the impressive McIntyre was held by Mateer in the visitor’s goal. The visitors had a chance in the 40th minute, however, Johnston saw his shot parried by Maguire in the home goal and then gathered at the second attempt.

Moyola should have opened the scoring in the 44th minute when a ball from McFadden found Moore who broke the offside trap but his shot was saved by Mateer.

The visitors made three changes at the start of the second half with Chines, Garrett and Watters replacing Johnston, Clarke and Young. The visitors had a chance in the 63rd minute, but Chines saw his free kick on the right miss everyone in the box and go out for a goal kick.

The home side made two changes a minute later with Holmes and McClean replacing Moore and D Maguire. In the 60th minute a free kick for the visitors from Chines found M Roy and his long range shot just went wide.

Knockbreda opened the scoring in the 75th minute when a cross on the right from J Roy was knocked in from the goal line by substitute Chines.

Moyola continued to look for an equaliser and in the 83rd minute a great shot from McQuillan was saved by Mateer. Moyola made the final change of the game in the 88th minute with Kenning replacing McIntyre.

Moyola: G Maguire, Harkness, Pattison, McQuillan, Kelly, McFadden, D Maguire, Monaghan, Johnston, Moore, McIntyre. Subs: Holmes, Kenning, McClean, Lennox, Mullan.

Knockbreda: Mateer, Curly, M Roy, J Roy, McMenamin, Montgomery, McCracken, Johnston, Clarke, Wright, Young. Subs: Chines, Garrett, Watters

Moyola’s next game is on Saturday 5th November 2011 at home to Annagh United with a 3.00pm kick off.