Three wins in Bangor Grammar series

CHS U15 1 Bangor 0

In their second match of the season, the U15s turned in a vey strong performance in which they dominated from start to finish. The second half saw more of the same and they managed to force a number of short corners, the third of which saw Michael Kerr blast past the Bangor goalkeeper. The last ten minutes of the match saw Cookstown tire and Bangor came back into the game a create a few scoring chances. The team held on well and saw out the remainder of the match.

CHS U13 3 Bangor 0

The U13s continued in their fine run of form, controlling the game and coming out comfortable winners against a good Bangor side. The breakthrough goal came from Callum Hogshaw after some good play between Bobbie Patterson and Robert Turkington down the right hand side of the pitch. Their lead was doubled shortly afterwards after Captain Matthew Glendinning found Joshua McFarland on the left hand side of the circle who slotted the ball In from a narrow angle to make it 2-0. They managed to get another goal through man of the match Tom Black but it was an opportunity missed to play with any real structure which they will need when they come up against better teams.

CHS U14 1 Bangor 0

This was a disappointing performance for the normally strong U14 team. They failed to play with their normal high tempo play and as a result let the Bangor team get them into a dog fight with lots of scrappy play in very congested areas. A failure to show for the ball and step in front of their markers meant that Cookstown had the ball for limited amounts of time and had no real possession or pass counts. This lack of structure continually put the Cookstown defence under pressure with Goalkeeper Joshua McCabe being forced to make a number of vital saves to keep his team in the game.

The second half saw a much improved approach from the players and although they failed to play with they normal style all the players competed a lot better and put the Bangor players under pressure and forced them to turn over the ball. Danny Kerr broke the deadlock with a well taken reverse stick shot and they managed to holdout for a hard worked win.