Chip shop fire in Magherafelt 'accidental'

FIre and Rescue crews from Magherafelt attended the incident

FIre and Rescue crews from Magherafelt attended the incident

0
Have your say

A chip shop was heavily smoke logged in a fire at Magherafelt over the weekend.

Police closed part of Rainey Street to traffic while firefighters attended the blaze shortly after midday on Saturday.

A Fire and Rescue spokesperson told the Mail that slight smoke damage was also caused to adjacent premises.

The fire is being treated as accidental.

Two appliances from Magherafelt Fire Station dealt with the incident.